A great place
This is a place to work where:
- innovation is part of your everyday work
- lots of exciting developments are happening
- you are 45 minutes from London but with lovely Hampshire villages and countryside on the doorstep
- you are in a high-tech town with regional class leisure facilities, offering everything from indoor skydiving to stand-up comedy
- there are lots of challenges and opportunities.
(Click on the borough location map to the right to enlarge)
A thriving, modern town, set in beautiful countryside, with a rich heritage, the borough covers 245 square miles, only 8% of this is urban.
It is home to a 175,000 population, 110,000 in Basingstoke and 65,000 in the surrounding area. An impressive 94% of residents think Basingstoke is a great place to live in the last survey.
A vibrant place, the borough has great cultural and leisure facilities:
- Festival Place - top 20 shopping destination in the UK with 200 shops and 30 restaurants
- Anvil Arts - Largest performing arts organisation in Hampshire and internationally recognised concert hall
- Basingstoke Leisure Park - 200,000 square feet of leisure and restaurant floor space, including indoor skydiving, ice rink, 10-screen cinema, bowling alley and swimming pool with flumes
- Basingstoke Festival and B Love music event - a free three-week long arts and music summer festival
- Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery - a multi-million-pound attraction named as one of the world’s top new destinations to visit by Lonely Planet
- Highclere Castle - Downton Abbey filming location
Further links and documents
|Key facts around Environment, Population, Births, Deaths, Migration and Life Expectancy and Health in Basingstoke and Deane
There is also more information that can be found on our Facebook page: