Basingstoke and Deane is one of the key growth locations in the South East.
Designated an expanded town in 1961, with a population of just 16,000, the borough has grown to a population of 175,000 today, with high resident satisfaction, strong economic activity and low unemployment.
Major Projects Summary (click on the images to enlarge)
- One of the largest residential-led developments in the South East on land in public ownership (Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council).
- Working with Urban & Civic, supported by the Wellcome Trust, to transform an 843-acre greenfield site at the western edge of Basingstoke.
- Potential to deliver 8,000 new homes over two Local Plan periods.
- Phase one - outline planning application submitted for up to 3,520 homes and associated infrastructure.
- Workplaces will be integrated into the neighbourhoods.
- Vision to support a vibrant mix of shopping and leisure uses alongside schools, health centres, parks and squares.
- A new 250-acre country park to benefit Manydown and the wider area.
- Basingstoke’s central business district offers all of the advantages of an out-of-town campus in a town centre location.
- Located only 5 minutes away from the train station and the town centre, Basing View is home to over 180 companies and 4,000 people.
- The 65-acre town centre business district is undergoing major council-led redevelopment to create a state-of-the-art thriving business hub.
- Already 500 new jobs created and the number of companies has almost doubled from 100 to 183.
- Designated as an enterprise zone, offering new occupiers business rate reduction incentives of up to £275,000 over a five-year period. This is part of the Enterprise M3 local enterprise partnership’s EZ³ London and South Innovation Valley enterprise zone https://ez3.co.uk/
- New investment has totalled £121 million.
- £50 million Network Rail campus and the largest combined John Lewis at Home and Waitrose store in the country.
- Agreement from Eli Lilly and Company, the global pharmaceutical company, to pre-let a new HQ.
- Award-winning developer created a new 60,000 sq ft grade A office building.
- £19 million 153-bedroom business-class hotel - creating 100 permanent jobs
Basingstoke Leisure Park
A £300 million transformation of Basingstoke Leisure Park by leading investor, developer and manager of best-in-class properties NewRiver REIT Plc
- Development will create an attractive destination of choice for the south of England.
- Requires no public funding to deliver the development.
- Doubling the size of the existing leisure facilities by creating 500,000 sq ft of new leisure activities and experiences.
- Together with a 200,000 sq ft designer outlet village - an offer currently unavailable without travelling a considerable distance from Basingstoke.
- Will bring around 2,000 new jobs and another 2,000 construction jobs.
Further links and documents